While the big issue of the year still rages on, I’m sure we’re not the only ones who are itching to get back to some sense of normalcy. After nearly 6 months of lockdown, it’s great to see businesses able to open again, and a lot of the close-contact treatments starting to flourish again. And I’m one of them!
That’s right, I’m happy to announce that, with the opening of beauty salons and facial treatments, close contact therapies like Bowen are now allowed to be performed as well. But just like other business, I’ve had to make a few changes to the way I work, and things may look a little different. But even though things might take slightly longer, Bowen therapies can now be performed safely and securely, so that you can start to get back into the rhythm of your therapy appointments and feel healthier, happier and more at peace.
Why Bowen is Still Important for You
Extended lockdown has changed a lot of things in our lives, and after such a long time, we’re starting to see the impact in 2 ways – physical health, and mental health. Working from home hunched over dining tables or slouched on sofas has aggravated old injuries (or caused new ones), and not being able to socialise with people in a normal way is having a big impact on our mental health.
Bowen therapy can be helpful for people of all ages, and can provide relief for a number of physical conditions that could be caused or aggravated by lockdown, including:
- Back issues
- Digestive issues
- Frozen shoulder
- Knee and hip problems
There are also some important mental health benefits from Bowen Therapy. Since lockdown started, there has been a huge surge in the number of people reporting mental health issues, even if they have never suffered from them beforehand. Bowen Therapy can have a very positive effect on mental well-being, and is shown to help relieve:
- Low mood
- Sleep problems
So if you’ve been struggling through lockdown, or have noticed some new aches and pains due to the change in how your day to day life works, Bowen Therapy could be a great way to reset your body and mind, and set you up for success.
The Precautions I’m Taking
Now that close contact services are allowed to operate once more, I’ve started providing Bowen therapies for humans, as well as pets, so that you can start feeling more like yourself again.
Of course, your health is my top priority. So to make sure I can do this safely, I will be following all guidelines issued by the government, NHS and other relevant authorities regarding safe and hygienic practice and use of PPE. The changes I’ve made to keep my clients and myself safe include:
- I have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures in between clients, including washing and disinfecting any non-porous surfaces and therapy equipment, and moving to single-use disposables.
- Consent forms will be required from all clients, to adhere to track and trace guidelines.
- I will be adapting or restricting certain treatments to reduce risk and protect your safety.
- Cancellation fees for clients with covid-19 symptoms will be waived.
- While many treatments involve close contact, I’ll be observing social distancing where possible.
- Appropriate protective equipment, like masks and gloves, will be worn at all times, and changes in-between appointments.
- I will be carrying out regular risk assessments to ensure our practice is safe for us and our clients.
- I will be monitoring my own health, and deferring treatments if I, or anyone I have come into contact with show symptoms of Covid-19.
- Hand washing facilities will be available.
If you would like to find out more about my Bowen therapies and how it all works, to book in for a consultation, I would be happy to help. Just get in touch with me today, and we will discuss the best way to move forward so that you can be happy and healthy now and in the future.